Creamy Seafood Pie
- 50g butter
- 750g seafood marinara mix or uncooked shelled prawns
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup chicken or fish stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Heat 2 teaspoons of butter in a large pan. Add seafood in batches; cook, stirring until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining butter in same pan, Add onion, garlic and vegetables; cook, stirring until soft. Remove from pan.
- Add flour to pan stirring until mixture bubbles and is thickening.
- Gradually stir in combined wine and stock; stir until mixture boils and thickens. Return seafood and vegetables to pan with cream; simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in dill and rind.
- Cut pastry sheet into four, place onto lightly greased oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240 degrees) for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and split rounds horizontally in half using a thin blade knife.
To serve, divide seafood among four individual dishes; serve with split pastry puffs.